Maps

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

SUCH MACHINES AS WELL MAY RUN 'GAINST THE HORSES OF THE SUN

Parc Guell, Barcelona
After all of the excitement in Yemen is was time to take a break. My last and somewhat shorter vacation had been in August, but since then we've had several inventories due, 3 or 4 new people arrive, many visits to deal with, and, oh yes, an Embassy invasion to clean up after. So I thought I'd take a few days off.
The first two weeks were spent with some delightful friends, Kristen, Dustin and Nate. What began at the Madrid airport ended up as a pretty sound tour of most of Spain and Morocco. I then had a few days to myself, and then I was off to Barcelona to meet up with Erin, Tyler, and soon to be Grandmother (or Jamma, as we decided) Rains. I won't bore you with the details (I'll be in the US in February to do that), but I will bore you with the pictures. More will come soon.

Dustin and Kristen in Marakesh
Also, Kristen made custom, hand bound travel books for each of us, which were easily the most impressive invention in the world of travel since the suitcase or the automobile. Thought that deserved some of everyone's time.


Volubilis, near Fes, before it began to rain

Tyler finally gets on the field of the Camp Nou. I don't think he'll be asked back anytime soon.


Nate, one with his environment
Dustin Haggles for Spices

No comments:

Post a Comment